You are entitled to union representation

We are receiving a growing number of complaints about QAS managers attempting to block members from union representation in disciplinary meetings.

To be clear: United Voice members are entitled to appoint a union delegate or member to advocate on their behalf. You are also entitled to have a support person at such meetings. The difference is that your union representative is allowed to talk and advocate while your support person is not. You can choose one, both or none. The choice is yours, but we strongly recommend delegate representation.

Any manager advising members anything other than this is either badly advised by HR or misleading members. Please let us know by calling the Ambo Hotline: (07) 3291 4550.

Be the first to comment

Please check your e-mail for a link to activate your account.