Following issues that were raised by members who participated in last year’s Supervisory Recruitment Process (SRC), a thorough review of the process has been undertaken jointly between United Voice representatives and QAS management. This review was productive and has enabled a range of changes to be implemented including: a shorter duration for the process, a consistent panel for role categories, greater engagement with local LASN managers to provide insight on previous work performance, and an oversight panel to monitor the overall process and ensure consistency in decision -making.
As per the Commissioner’s email notification to all QAS staff on 13 July 2017, the roles included in the 2017 SRC process are:
- Officer-in-Charge (STN1-4)
- Senior Operations Supervisor (STN4)
- Operations Supervisor (STN2)
- Clinical Deployment Supervisor (STN3)
- Senior Clinical Educator (STN4)
- Clinical Support Officer (STN1 & 3)
- Operations Centre Supervisor (CCS)
- Professional Development Officer (CCS)
- Quality Assurance Officer (CCS)
In addition to the above roles, this year’s campaign will also include the roles of Senior Educator and Educator (including Communications Educators) within the Queensland Ambulance Service Education Centre (QASEC) as a result of feedback provided through the review process.
The 2017 SRC will run as two distinct processes, one for transfers and one for promotional opportunities. Applications for SRC promotional opportunities will open on 1 August 2017 and will remain open for three weeks. It is anticipated that the approximate timeline for the SRC process will be as follows:
- Supervisory applications open between 1 August 2017 and 22 August 2017
- Panel assessments conducted between 18 September 2017 and 27 October 2017
- Offers commence by 27 November 2017.
Transfer applications will be open for three weeks following which, a Supervisory Transfer Panel (STP) will review, assess and rank all transfer applications in consultation with relevant managers, without an interview. It is anticipated that the approximate timeline for the supervisory transfer process will be as follows:
- Transfer applications open between 1 August 2017 and 22 August 2017
- Transfer process completed by 22 September 2017.
Applicants will be required to complete an online application that will be available on the Supervisory Recruitment page of the QAS website.