As you may recall, we called for a review into state recruitment processes late last year, following a high volume of enquiries from members.
A working party was formed, made up of United Voice paramedic and EMD representatives.
Some of the questions raised by our members identified problems with:
- Lack of importance placed on candidates’ work histories;
- Length of process and notification of results;
- Inequity on applicants who were/were not placed in development pool;
- Inconsistency in comparing skills, knowledge and behaviour of applicants;
- Lack of consultation with LASN managers.
QAS agreed that the process was flawed and changes needed to be made to ensure future state recruitment is conducted as a fair, equitable and transparent process.
We will keep members up to date once a set of guidelines have been agreed upon.